Personal Auto Insurance
Nearly all states across the U.S. require some form of personal auto insurance, and California is no exception. So, whether you’ve just started getting on the road or have been driving for years, it’s important to understand why you need insurance and what it covers you for.
Why Do I Need Personal Auto Insurance?
Car accidents can and do happen to even the most careful drivers. Even if it’s not your fault, the impact of an accident on your finances can be disastrous. You may be liable for someone else’s injuries, or you might have to buy an entirely new car.
Private auto insurance can’t prevent the accident from happening, but it can stop those consequences from leaving a gaping hole in your bank balance.
What Does Personal Auto Insurance Cover?
Depending on what options you choose with your plan, an auto insurance policy can cover the following:
- Collision – Financial loss and the cost of repairs resulting from a collision with someone else’s vehicle or an object.
- Bodily Injury Liability– Covers the costs of claims made against a driver from injury caused to others in an accident.
- Personal Injury Protection– Medical treatment expenses to the driver and passengers as a result of the accident.
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage– Used if the accident is caused by an uninsured driver, and that driver can’t pay for the medical expenses or vehicle damage incurred as a result of the accident.
- Property Damage Liability– Covers the cost of property damages caused to others in the accident.
- Rental Car Benefit– If your vehicle can no longer be driven due to a collision or incident covered under a comprehensive claim, this will cover the cost of renting a temporary replacement vehicle.
- Roadside Assistance– Including breakdown coverage.
- Comprehensive– Damage and loss to the vehicle in incidents not covered above, for example, theft, fire, or extreme weather.
With each part of the policy, the coverage can be for varying dollar amounts—that is, the maximum the insurer will pay out in each instance. Your insurance premium will vary based on the amount of coverage. If you’re not sure how much coverage you need, or how much you’re covered for, your Garvin Insurance agent will be happy to talk you through it.
What Are My Legal Requirements?
California has strict requirements for all drivers to have auto insurance. Not holding an appropriate policy can lead to heavy fines and a loss of license or registration. At a minimum, these policies must cover:
- $5000 of Property Damage Liability Coverage
- $15,000 per person or $30,000 per accident of Bodily Injury Liability Coverage
- $15,000 per person or $30,000 per accident of Uninsured Motorist Bodily Injury Coverage
- $3,500 of Uninsured Motorist Property Damage Coverage
In some cases, some of these coverage requirements may be waived. Garvin Insurance provides auto insurance from Woodland Hills, California, and our team is expert in Californian driver regulations. We’ll guide you through every step of your policy to make sure you’re covered and have the best deal.
Are There Any Other Factors?
There are several other factors that affect the price of your insurance and how much coverage you’ll need, including the age and history of the driver and what vehicle you own. However, no matter what your requirements and budget are, we’ll always get you the best value policy, and one you’re comfortable with.
How Can I Get a discount?
Partnered with Mercury personal auto insurance, Garvin Insurance can offer several significant discounts to many eligible drivers. We know that you want cheap auto insurance that you can trust, which is why we’re dedicated to finding you the perfect deal and always providing a friendly, personalized, one-on-one service.
To find out more about how we can help you save, talk to one of our professional agents at (818) 881-5127 and get a free quote today!